I.e. beyond protest-inspired performance art in an enclosed space to artistic protest in the outside world.
I had thought that it would occur spontaneously, like when people join me at performances.
But that hasn't happened and the key message/teaching/learning of cultural change through understanding vulnerability and feeling/being vulnerable is more important than ever.
My idea (to start):
- Standing with other naked people outside on the first day of 2012. I am not brave enough to do this on my own.
- On our chests/bellies will be painted a letter. I need enough people so that we spell out VULNERABLE BODIES VULNERABLE PLANET. (I am also thinking of painting this phrase on the back of our bodies: BODY: WE'RE ALL IN ONE PLANET: WE'RE ALL ON ONE).
- I would like to do the first of these on New Year's Day and then other days throughout the year (to be worked out later).
- I would like the first one to take place at a beach (I'm thinking Cadboro Bay but am open to other suggestions). I see the next ones taking place in more challenging locales (like downtown and along the Trans-Canada).
- People to come and be naked and have a letter painted on their chest. If I get fewer than 35 volunteers (for the phrase above) I will modify the written message.
- I need photographers and videographers (preferably two of each).
- More help with organizing, period (not my forte).
Time and place:
- I'm thinking Cadboro Bay beach: meet up at 11:30 AM. In place for noon. To be confirmed.
You're interested in being part of this:
- If you are on Facebook, please reply via the Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/265285650197098/